OG’s School of Hair Design Creed
- Honor and respect our mother and father, and make our families our top priority.
“Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you”.
Deuteronomy 5:16 (NIV)
- Give back and not just take from our community.
“Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you”.
Luke 6:38 (NIV)
- Never charge another OG (student/graduate) for a haircut.
“We are our brother’s keepers”.
- Be a good person of reputation.
“He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap”.
1 Timothy 3:7 (NIV)
- Learn from our mistakes. It is only a fool who does not learn from his or her mistakes.
“Leave your simple ways and you will live; walk in the way of insight”.
Proverbs 9:6 (NIV)
- Be a person of wisdom. A person of wisdom is a person that is low to speak and quick to listen.
“My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,“ – James 1:19 (NIV)
- Be a person of balance. Establish a good philosophy concerning life. Be cool, calm and collected, have a clear focus on life, and stay physically, spiritually and psychologically oriented.
- Treat each other with dignity and respect.
- Never destroy our bodies by doing illegal drugs of any kind.
“May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.“
1 Thessalonians 5:23 (NIV)
- Never drink alcohol in excess.
- Be a person of conviction, integrity and truth.
“As for you, if you walk before me faithfully with integrity of heart and uprightness, as David your father did, and do all I command and observe my decrees and laws, 5 I will establish your royal throne over Israel forever, as I promised David your father when I said, ‘You shall never fail to have a successor on the throne of Israel.’”
1 King 9:4-5 (NIV)
“Unless we stand for something, we shall fall for anything”.
Rev. Peter Marshall, 1947